USS DD-537 THE SULLIVANS Length overall: 114.8m Beam: 12.1m Draft: 4.1m Displacement: 2050t
The DD-537 was originally named Putnam, on 6 February 1943 she was renamed The Sullivans to honor the memory of the five Sullivans brothers who were lost when the light cruiser Juneau (CL-52) succumbed to Japanese torpedoes. Launched on 4 April 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Thomas F. Sullivan, the mother of the five Sullivan brothers, and commissioned on 30 September 1943.The Sullivans deployed to the Pacific, arriving at Pearl Harbor on 28 December 1943.For the next eighteen month, The Sullivans was actively engaged in operations ranging from plane guard for the fast carriers to shore bombardment to anti-Kamikaze picket duty off Okinawa. On 10 January 1946 she was decommissioned at San Diego, and recommissioned on 6 July 1951 for The Korea War. The Sullivans was decommissioned at Philadelphia on 7 January 1965. The Sullivans received nine battle stars for World War II service and two for Korean service.
Model Brief Length: 164 mm Width: 17mm
Total Plastic Parts 121pcs
Total Sprues 7cs sprues plus lower hull, upper hull, decks and waterline plate and display stand
Decal Marking 1945 Measure 22
More Features Either waterline version or full hull version can be selected